Meet Dr. Domanskis
Dr. Edward Domanskis is a board-certified plastic surgeon in private practice in Newport Beach, CA. He is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at the University of California in Irvine. He offers cosmetic, plastic and reconstructive procedures for the breast, body, face and skin. Dr. Domanskis has been recognized as a Physician of Excellence in Plastic Surgery from the Orange County Medical Association and Orange Coast Magazine. He has also been listed among America's Top Plastic Surgeons and Best Doctors in America.
Specialties and Unique Skills
Dr. Domanskis performs a wide variety of procedures. In addition to breast surgery, Dr. Domanskis specializes in tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, facelift surgery and countless other highly sought after procedures. As the Founder and President of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons, Dr. Domanskis is known for his outstanding body contouring surgical results for extreme weight loss patients. Skin rejuvenation procedures, including BOTOX, fillers, chemical peels and laser treatments, are provided for patients who desire to look and feel younger without surgery.
Education and Training
Dr. Domanskis received his B.S. from Loyola University in Chicago, and his M.D. from the University of Illinois College of Medicine. Having completed his post-graduate medical education in plastic surgery at the University of California, San Francisco, he served as the Assistant Chief of Plastic Surgery at the 2nd General Hospital in the U.S. Army in Landstuhl, Germany. He has been Chief of Plastic Surgery at several hospitals including Hoag Memorial Hospital in Newport Beach and South Coast Medical Center in Laguna Beach. He continues as an official and doctor with the Lithuanian Olympic Team, last participating in the Torino, Italy Winter Olympics.
As a progressive innovator and leader in the field of skin rejuvenation, Dr. Domanskis has introduced his own organic, botanical, natural skincare line, known as Organoderm. He has also designed and patented a unique pediatric tracheal tube in the shape of a heart, as well as produced a Cosmetic Surgery Video Series (Volumes 1-40), which is available on Amazon. Dr. Domanskis’ expertise extends to all areas of the face and body, as well as minimally invasive surgery. He introduced his Minicision lift on Good Morning America in 1988. He introduced his Minicision lift on Good Morning America. Dr. Domanskis continues to appear in all media-print, TV,internet.
Appearances and Awards
Dr. Edward Domanskis consults and lectures internationally in plastic and cosmetic surgery and appears frequently on television and in the press. For his worldwide humanitarian work, Dr. Domanskis received a commendation from the president of Lithuania, and was awarded the highest medal by the Prime Minister. The title of Chevalier was bestowed upon him by the Confraternity of the Knights of the Most Holy Trinity in Germany.
Overseas and Humanitarian
Each year, Dr. Domanskis performs charity work primarily in Eastern Europe where he has also lectured medical students and other physicians, as well as taught them new surgical techniques. For this, he was awarded a medal from the President of Lithuania. He has also participated in both the winter and summer Olympics over the past 15 years in the capacity of physician, interpreter. He has sponsored and operated on numerous children from overseas for congenital abnormalities, as well as burn reconstruction. Currently, Dr. Domanskis is a consultant for Lithuanian Children Hope for the Burn Unit of Vilnius Children's Hospital in Lithuania.
Dr. Domanskis also sees patients and operates in the Bay area, Miami, Europe and the Caribbean. Please inquire as to when he will be in those offices.
Loyola University (Chicago, IL) - Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
University of Illinois College of Medicine (Chicago, IL) - Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
University of California (Irvine) Hospitals-General Surgery Residency
Santa Barbara Cottage/General Hospitals-General Surgery Residency
University of California (San Francisco) Hospitals-Plastic Surgery Residency
Certification and Licensure
- National Board of Medical Examiners, Diplomat
- State of California-Medical License
- State of Florida-Medical License
- State of Oregon-Medical License
- State of New York-Medical License
- American Board of Plastic Surgery-Diplomat
- Lithuania-Medical License
- Italy-Medical Consultant’s License
- American College of Surgeons-Fellow
- United States Army, Major, 2nd General Hospital (Germany); Assistant Chief Plastic Surgery)
- University of California(Irvine)-Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery (Plastic) WOS
- Lithuanian Olympic Committee
- Lithuanian Children’s Hope-Consultant
- Vilnius(Lithuania)University Children’s Hospital-Consultant
- Hesperia Hospital (Modena, Italy)-Consultant
Awards and Commendations
- Republic of Lithuania-President
- Confraternity of Knights of Holy Trinity
- Republic of Lithuania-Prime Minister
- Republic of Lithuania-Order of Knights of Gediminas
- Commendation-Lithuanian Children's Hope
- America’s Top Physicians
- America’s Best Doctors
- America’s Top Plastic Surgeons
- Orange County Physicians of Excellence-Plastic Surgery
- America’s Top Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Lithuanian Society of Plastic Surgeons-Founder
- American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons-Founder, President
- Hoag Memorial Hospital(Newport Beach, CA) Past Chairman, Department of Plastic Surgery
- Mission Hospital (Laguna Beach, CA) Past Chairman, Department of Plastic Surgery (South Coast Medical Center)
- Mission Hospital (Mission Viejo)
- Children’s Hospital of Orange (Mission Viejo, CA)